When I first began these bases, I thought it would be a simple case of taping up the sides and filling in the extra spaces with some water effects. Boy, was I wrong!
Check out that disaster! I liked how the water and the other swamp area looked, but the outer edge of the bases are horrible. This is when I decided I had to make my own bases with a closed in area to ensure the water effects don't spill over or look uneven, not unlike the bases used in Malifaux.
To do this, I used a bottle cap which had the same width of the bases, 25mm, and then then duplicated them. I won't go into how I created the bases this week, but I will happily show off the bases I made.
I love these bases. I can't wait until I have enough for all the Chaos models I plan to put on them! Next week I will go step by step on how I made the bases and explain just how simple they were to make.