I've begun by tracing the actual Eldar Jetbike model from long ago (I have a penchant for older models) and cutting out a piece which represents half of the model. The reason for doing this is to make sure the left and right side of the model are identical.
Below we can see a comparison of the Eldar Jetbike and the piece which I have cut out of the plastic.
I then took the piece above and copied it by using two sided scotch tape and attaching it to another piece of plastic and cutting it out. Below you see the results.
Of course it was after making some extra layers and attaching them I realized the test model I was using was sitting too high, making for an awkward looking model. I began to cut a hole out of the piece to ensure any of the models I plan to have 'ride' the vehicle would be able to stand lengthwise or side to side. This was a bit frustrating, but patience would pay off.
With the circle cut out, I decided to save some time and use the nose piece of a Jetbike to build up the front area (and save some time/money). As you can see, the vehicle is shaping up to be a little bigger than the original at this point.
Well, that's where I am at this point in time. I'm looking forward to seeing where it goes from here and I hope you are too. Till next time, happy building!