Monday, September 30, 2013

Heldrake Gains a Tail

Hey all, welcome back!  Today I'll be continuing to share the progress on my Heldrakes.  We've all seen the, ahem, 'rear hole', on the official model, and I really wanted to avoid that look.  After I took pictures a couple weeks ago, I realized the model needed something at the back in order to balance out the model.

Additionally, I needed a way to incorporate the Baleflamer into the model, and putting it in the front like the official model wasn't going to work for me.  This is what I came up with.





As you can probably tell, I used a copy of the upper leg piece, modified with circular pieces made from plasticard and duplicated, to create the segmented tail.  I then made my own tail shields using plasticard and duplicating each side separately, gluing them together at the angle I needed.  I finished it off with a cylinder with holes drilled.

What I still need to do is make the flame piece to extend past the tail, detail the wings, and create the engines which will rest under the rear wings and extend out slightly.

Overall I'm quite pleased with how things are turning out so far, but there still feels like a ton of work to do before these are ready to be primed and painted!


No comments:

Post a Comment