Hello all, welcome back to SB 40k! I've been hard at work trying to get the scratch built Horrors in a place where I feel comfortable sharing them, and I think I'm at that place. First, though, here is the scratch built Portalglyph I threw together last week.
I wanted to keep it fairly simple, and luckily it worked out great. I cut 4 circles from plasticard the size of a small blast marker (as this is the size indicated by the Daemon Codex), cut a hole in the center of 3 and put them together with the uncut one. I added some bits and used the panel scriber to add some definition and break up the monotony. Finally, I added paint.
Since I figure I'll be using the Portalglyph quite a bit in my Daemon army, it only made sense to whip one up for future games that fit the theme of the stuff I'm building.
As for the Horrors, they're coming along nicely. I've sculpted and duplicated tails for 99 Horrors in the last 2 weeks and have started the painting process. Each Horror was painted pink, inked in a brown ink and dried, drybrushed a light pink flesh color, and then airbrushed purple to blue for the tails.
This is what 90 Horrors looks like
I've come a long way so far, and may do a little highlighting after I've finished painting the rocks and adding the resin water. What I am thinking at the moment is trying for an alien terrain, painting the rocks a very light green coloring and going over that with a darker green to give the impression of a glowing rock. Not entirely certain, and will have to test it out on one first and see where I go from there.
As for the area around the rock, I'm thinking a clear resin with a red tint to give the impression of a blood like water. That might need to be tested first in a small container to see if I like it.
Well, that's it for now. Now you understand why it's been a while since I've updated!