Welcome back to SB40k one and all. I've made some huge strides in my progress this week, completing the painting portion of the Brain/Horrors of Tzeentch. Ninety Horrors now sit happily within their protective foam, awaiting the next step in the modeling process- basing.
This is ten of the bunch completed so far. I've been unsure how to continue with the Iridescent Horrors which will accompany these units, and while I'm not 100% sure the process I have in mind will work, it's going to be fun to try!
So to tally what I've completed so far for Daemons, I have 90 completed Horrors, a brain piloting a spaceship to act as a Lord of Change or Fateweaver, a winged Nurgle Prince, 6 blight drones (which I could use as Daemon Princes or Plague Drones if I chose), 16 Flesh Hounds of Khorne, 18 Screamers of Tzeentch, all scratch built.
Progress can seem slow, but as of now I can easily build a 1850 to 2k. Hopefully soon I'll have more options available to me to help modify my lists as I see fit.
Unfortunately, I am a little stuck with the Horrors now. What I want to do is create a bloody water effect for around the bases of the green rocks (hence the raised edges on the bases). I've used Woodland Scenics Water Effects in the past but that has been a bit disappointing. The effects doesn't cure properly and remains soft. If the pieces sit on their side the water effect eventually gets outside of the piece or bubbles up, looking silly in the process.
What I think will work better is a clear resin with a red coloring added. It has to be clear-ish so the effects underneath on the bases are visable (the hands and skulls present in about half the pieces). If anyone has experience with a 2 part clear resin which would work for me, please let me know!
Till next week, happy gaming!