Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Welcome to Scratch Built 40K!

                Welcome to the introductory post for Scratch Built 40K.  I’ve been an on-again off-again player of the game for roughly ten years.  In the last few years I’ve been going to school, so I find a lot of time to fiddle with Warhammer models, but not the money to invest.  This is what led to my first scratch built vehicle, a Nurgle Plague Tower.

As you can see, it is very blocky and not very inventive, but it started my love for scratch building.  Since then I’ve built titans, blight drones, a skull tower of khorne, predator tanks, a vindicator tank, mk1 landraiders, and a slew of other things.  With each creation I try to top myself and improve on the skills I’ve acquired.
 

                In creating this site I hope to not only show others the various techniques I’ve learned, but to gather techniques from you, the readers.  It is my belief that the 40K community, like any gaming community, is strongest when we work together and find solutions to the problems we face together.  I fully expect to learn a lot from all of you, and hope you can learn something as well!

Krisken

No comments:

Post a Comment